Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Jun 5, 2011

Mother

I was totally free (although I did planned to study or at least do something productive) today, and I woke up pretty early, so after breakfast I decided to have some precious weekend moments and watch PPS.


So as I was browsing through the many many drama, animes and movies list, I saw this J-drama rated 10/10, the title is Mother. I remember my mom told me about this show before but I didnt watch it until today. And damn, I think I must drink at least 1L of water later cause i cried almost every episode. hahahahha.

Note: Spoilers ahead.

The drama was about a cold, socially awkward primary school teacher (Nao) who was forced to take the job because she lost her previous job about bird migration research. In the class, there was a 7 years old girl appears to be very weird. Turned out the girl (Rena) was abused by her mother and the mother's boyfriend. The boyfriend is a pervert who forced the girl to wear some frilly dress and (i think, they din show but it appears to be this) physically and mentally abused her. One night, when Nao wanted to return Rena something at her house, she saw Rena being tied up in a black garbage bag and thrown at the road side. It was winter and she was wearing just a thin one-piece dress. 

The next day Nao decided to "kidnap" Rena away from all this misfortune and run away to Tokyo where her families were. Nao was adopted a long time ago by a woman because her real mother dumped her. The story is about how Nao run away with Tsugumi (A new name she gave Rena) and reunited with her biological mother Ukkuri-san. Throughout the journey they faced a lot of things together like the police, the sentence, Tsugumi's mother's threat bla bla bla. The ending is something unexpected, but I'll leave that part for you guys to explore (if you want to watch and have the time to do so). 

Almost each character has their own story. This is why i love J-drama instead of K-drama, and T-dramas are usually (though not all) shallow and full of nonsense. J-drama is more mature to watch, more emotional, and the end is always a surprise (unlike K-drama, you can guess the ending from the start). 

Conclusion? Must watch!! And prepare for a whole box of tissue paper, a pillow to hug, water (to rehydrate yourself) and put your phone in silent mode. Then, enjoy. :)

No comments:

❤Love Knows No Distance❤

Daisypath Anniversary tickers