Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Blogger Template From:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Jul 31, 2011

Underage worker

2 more weeks is all i have to treasure the time being in my first alta mater of my life. I'm sure that i'll miss the koi pond, the same food that i've eaten for 2 years and 4 months, the always jammed pack lift, the laughter in the lecture theater and whatnot. After that i'll be going for my last two clinical postings, and then comes my final internship of a short 3 months period.

After which i'll embark on a brand new journey of my life: my first career. Somehow i still cannot believe that i'm about to graduate and start working as a staff nurse. Somehow i feel that i'm still the little girl at home, coming back from school, get showered and have my lunch, preparing to finish all my homework fast so i can have some free time watching the TV or play some computer games. The more I think of my diploma course coming to an end, the more i feel the pressure of the society on me.

How will my patients react when they see a nurse so young taking care of their treatment plans? Will they take me seriously if a nurse so inexperience and freshly graduated give them advices? Will they entrust me with their lives? Can I handle 6 lives in 8 hours, making sure i add some values to it at the end of my shift? Each time these questions overwhelmed me, I im torn by the excitement of the starting of my first career (first because who knows, i might switch career someday), and the worry that I cant handle it well.

I'm not even 21 when i started working. I'm like an underage girl stepping into the complicated world of the working adults. And as a society freshmen, I'll be in the extreme setting of life and death. the fear is overwhelming, really.

But still, this is a path I've chosen, and I'll walk it with pride.

p/s: i'll mention one name here: Tai Zee Joo.

No comments:

❤Love Knows No Distance❤

Daisypath Anniversary tickers